Calls for papers

Picture of Vera Vratuša
Dasarath Chetty - call for a short piece on the current crisis
by Vera Vratuša - Wednesday, 22 April 2020, 12:05 PM

17 April 2020

Dear RC 10 Members I hope you are all well during this difficult phase in human history. I wish only the best for you.

Board members seem to agree that during this period of partial or total lockdown, physical isolation and social distancing, depending on where in the world you are, we should share some thoughts and reflections. With this in mind I invite every one of you to submit to me a short piece on the current crisis, whether this is a description of what is happening in your country or a more philosophical universal reflection does not matter. For all of you to write 1000 words should really be no problem at all. You don’t have to do research, you don’t need Harvard referencing just reflect and send me a short piece together with a 5 line bio. I need this by 30 April 2020 with a photograph of you. You may contribute more than one article if you like. I will compile it into a publication on RC 10 Reflections and then distribute to ISA and beyond so the general public as well sees that sociologists are making a contribution to the challenges of our times.

I attach for your perusal two short pieces I wrote for newspapers.

Yours in struggle Dasarath Chetty President ISA RC 10,

email: chettytd@gmail.com